Saturday, January 23, 2010

Devils Burden - 23 jan

Did the Devils Burden relay race round the lomond hills today as part of a 6man Harriers team. Leg 1 was James and Jak from Falkland over east lomond to near Scotlandwell. Leg 2 was Gordon up and over the hill into Scotlandwell. Leg 3 was the biggy- Phil and Andy from Scotlandwell up over Bishops hill and west lomond to Strathmilgo. My leg was the easiest - from Strathmilgo to Falkland after a short [in comparison] 200m climb onto the flank of the lomond hills. My leg was about 4.5 miles and I was expecting a time of 50mins or so, but ran my sides out and did it in about 43-45 mins [not sure exactly] which is probably sub 10min/mile and for me off road is excellent.
Still shaking from the effort now, a few hours later.
Excellent event with massive turnout [176 teams of 6 people]. Totally stoked by it!

One thing i did notice was how much harder i ran WITHOUT the iPod. Also having the Garmin watch on helped keep the pace right as it told me roughly how far I had gone and hence how much further to go. So from now on it is train with the Ipod, especially for the long stuff, but no Ipod for races.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sitemeter