Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Daft run#1 - 19/01/10

Was kinda bored with running round Stonehaven at night. Its great in the summer but a bit limiting in the winter nights, especially since i hate doing more than 1 lap of anything. So decided to do a dafty run at the last minute. So up Netherly road I went, up past the A90 then turned off switched on the headtorch and ran out through the Ury estate in total darkness. Its a road where you only ever meet 1-2 cars in the summer so was not expecting any. In fact I met 3 [bet they were puzzled!] and got barked at by a slightly bemused boxer dog. The cars were easy to spot as their headlights lit the trees and road up well before they got to me, so it was an easy matter to just step onto the verge and let them pass. Could do with a brighter headtorch though.

The Ury estate road took me out onto the Slug road and from there I headed back into Stoney and did the last 3 miles of my normal circuit Was running easy and slow but found I could have ran all night! Ended up going down to harbour, along beach front to Cowie and back again into the town and home. Just over 8 miles in just under 1.5 hours. Brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sitemeter