Saturday, March 27, 2010

A week to go

A week to go till the D33 and I've hit the first real threatening injury I've had. My right ankle is a bit sore and stiff and I think there is a bit of tendonitis around it. Can't seem to run without 'clonking' a bit on the right leg at the moment, but I know that after half an hour or do it does free up a good bit. I think I may have over cooked it a bit in the Alloa Half,but what the hell - it was also worth it to do sub 2hr and ultimately this is about the process of getting there and not the path itself.
I've only done 14miles or so this week, which is fairly well as planned [20ish planned] and I think the best bet for next week is to do no running, perhaps a bit of cycling though and to ice it twice a day and munch some ibuprofen. It will be hard to resist the desire to run and the fear of going backwards, but come Saturday I am running the D33 and nothing is going to stop me!
Had ran today really badly with a mix of clunky right ankle and heavy legs that left me wondering what has happened. The heavy legs I'm putting down to eating rubbish yesterday and today, so I'm going to be very conscious from here on in of what I eat.
I know that almost exactly a month ago I had a similar bad clunk run at Hartlepool, which was probably the start of this ankle impediment, but that was also after a couple of days of eating badly [travelling] and was followed by three cracking weeks.
Anyway here's hoping for a more comfortable few day and having plenty of get up and go on Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to read about the ankle. However 14m this week and nothing for next week is fine. You have done the hard work and nothing you do between now and next Sat can improve your performance. You can of course make things worse by running and aggravating things. If you want to reassure yourself before the race run a mile on fri. On the other hand enjoy the rest and enjoy the race.

    ReplyDelete

Sitemeter