Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Easy week

This week is planned as an easy week. Target is 23ish miles, but not too bothered if it goes either way a bit. This works in nicely with last week's high mileage of 21/42 and the fact I'm offshore Tuesday through Thursday doing an Audit on defined life piping repairs on a couple of assets [I'm actually writing this sat at the heliport as my chopper is delayed by 2 hrs - what exciting stuff I do].
Last night though was back out to Dunottar and the outer loop of Stonehaven, although before I went out I couldn't really be ars*d as it was raining and cold. Went out anyway for what turned out to be a mixed run really, with my right ankle giving me a bit of light jip as it seems to be rolling inwards a bit at times. Perhaps it was the older shoes [~400+miles on them] or just a bit of weakness in it after the high mileage week. Anyway, the run up the Bervie braes to the summit of the path was good and strong as was the coastal path itself. First time I have done sea level to the castle gate without a pause and I think that speaks volume about my strength and aerobic gains. The last sections of the path at the castle end as it tuns inland was on very slippy grass though. From there an easy run back into Stonehaven until the 4.5mile mark when my 2nd wind came through and I cranked the pace up a bit for a couple of miles, before slowing down for the last downhill to home. Overall a nice 7.6miles and it certainly proved the old adage that you never regret the runs you do, only the runs you don't.
So if my chopper ever arrives, I'll have tonight and Wednesday night off and if I'm back on the beach reasonable on Thursday I'll probably do 3-5miles easy, which just leaves 10ish miles for the weekend. Next week however I need to get a single 25miler in on Wednesday. Strange thing is I'm almost looking forward to it and the idea of doing 25 miles now doesn't seem too outlandish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sitemeter